Ramdung peak is a mountain peak situated in the Upper Rolwaling region of Nepal that can be climbed. Also called as Ramdung Go, this peak offers a mesmerizing panorama of Himalayan ranges from Langtang to Everest. The most incredible views of Mt. Gaurishanker and Menlungtse viewed from the peak are enchanting!
If you are seeking a peak that you can attempt for your first climb, you can try the Ramdung peak. Climbing Ramdung peak is technical and tough, but is not very hard if you do adequate preparations before going.
We will begin our journey from Kathmandu. We will drive to Charikot and will begin to trek. We will make our way up to the summit through different places. On this memorable journey, we will pass through majestic views of the surroundings. We will also see small and beautiful villages with diverse ethnic groups.
Some of the major attractions during Ramdung peak climbing are the Tashi Laptsa pass (5,755 meters), the hidden valley of Rolwaling, Na Village, Yalung La (Yalung Ri), the Yalung glaciers, and several others.
So, as I’ve already mentioned, not having any previous climbing experiences isn’t a curse. However, the climbers should have a good physical condition and great stamina. Climbing peak, crossing high passes, and walking on the Himalayan trails aren’t as easy as you think.
If you are going with us, you don’t have to worry about things. We have a suitable itinerary and a professional team with who you can totally rely on throughout the journey. If you have any queries on trekking and climbing in Nepal, do not hesitate to contact us.
Highlights of Ramdung Peak Climbing
- Climbing Ramdung Peak
- Trekking through lush jungles and beautiful hills.
- Amazing sceneries from the pinnacle of Ramdung Peak
- Exploring amazing Sherpa villages at higher altitudes witnessing their lifestyles, traditions, and culture.
- The beautiful monastery at Bugu Gumba.
- Camp trekking in the lap of amazing Himalayas.
- Grand views of Gaurishanker Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Chobabhamre, and the Tibetan Himalayas.
- Crossing the Tashi Lapcha Pass 5755 meters (18876 ft)
- The off beaten trails in the Rolwaling region
Best Time for Ramdung Peak Climbing
Ramdung Peak Climbing is a beautiful journey that is popular during Autumn and Spring seasons in Nepal. The two seasons have perfect weather conditions and the best visibility. Beautiful weather is an essential factor that makes suitable for peak climbing and trekking in the high Himalayas.
Difficulties During Ramdung Peak Climbing
- Ramdung peak climbing journey is a camping journey. We will be staying in tents throughout the journey. This is a really difficult thing. You have to carry the trekking, climbing, as well as the camping gears.
- Altitude is also among the major difficulties during Ramdung peak climbing. You will be reaching an altitude of 6925 meters at the peak of Ramdung. While trekking, you should be careful of altitude sickness as you exceed 2500 meters.
- This climbing journey takes us through highly remote trails. The trails are rugged and remote. Walking for hours on such trails can be exhausting to some. Also, you should be careful not to get injuries while trekking and climbing.
- Ramdung peak climbing is a 23-day journey. If this is your first time on a long vacation, you might want to return back in the middle. This happens to a few trekkers.
- Ramdung peak is technically challenging if you are a beginner. Thus, it requires proper planning and preparations.
Day 01 :Pick up from the Int'L Airport.
Day 02 :Preparation day.
Day 03 :Drive to Charikot, trek to Rato Mate.
Day 04 :Trek to Shigati Bazaar.
Day 05 :Trek to Jagat.
Day 06 :Trek to Shapka.
Day 07 :Trek to Simi Gaoun.
Day 08 :Trek to Dogang.
Day 09 :Trek to Rolwaling.
Day 10 :Trek to Na. (Yak farm).
Day 11 :Trek to Ramdung Base Camp.
Day 12 :Base Camp to Ramdung High Camp.
Day 13 :Ramdung Summit (6925m) overnight in Base Camp.
Day 14 :Trek back to Na.
Day 15 :Trek to Do Gaoun.
Day 16 :Trek to Simigaoun.
Day 17 :Trek to Buung.
Day 18 :Trek to Chilangkha.
Day 19 :Trek to Bigu Gumba.
Day 20 :Trek to Tingsang-La.
Day 21 :Trek to Karthale.
Day 22 :Trek to Barabise.
Day 23 :Drive to Kathmandu.